Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tylor's First Recipe


This is Tylor's First Recipe, Orange Sesame Chicken with steam white rice, and our second dish prepared just for you. This is the only meal that Tylor has talked about making since we first started the blog. He seems very driven to make this dish and I imagine a great meal will be the result. Although Tylor is making the meal I have decided to have a beer tasting. I have picked a local brew from Augusta Brewery (http://www.augustabrewing.com/Our%20Beer.s).

It's the Belgian Style Saison, which is a bottle conditioned farmhouse ale(French in Origin). I wanted to get a beer that matched the spiciness of Tylor's Orange Sesame Chicken, but instead I took a chance on matching different flavors. I wanted to match the orange in the sauce with the fruit esters in the Saison. A safer pick for spicy foods would be an IPA or a light lager. We shall see....

Beers,
Cole



Orange Sesame Chicken with Belgian Style Saison


Tylor did a great job with this dish. The orange glaze provides a sweet base before the spiciness come through. Only one thing wrong with this meal: No chopsticks or fortune cookie! Just kidding. Job well done!
The Belgian Style Saison was a nice refreshing late Summer beer. I noticed a slight clove and mellow fruit ester. However, this did not pair well with Tylor's dish. An India Pale Ale would have provided the hop bitterness to mellow out the Sriracha spiciness. The beer was still enjoyable and I recommend it for the harvest season.

Beers,
Cole








No comments:

Post a Comment