Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

For Those Allergic To Hops?

(Joel-Allergic To Hops)
If you happen to be allergic to hops, like our roommate Joel, this beer is for you. I have decided to make a clone of a very interesting Strawberry Cream Ale(http://hopfentreader.blogspot.com/2010/05/farm-fresh-fruit-series-strawberry.html) made by Joseph Lemnah. Joe is an award-winning home brewer and professional brewer at Evolution Brewing Company. I had the privilege of learning many aspects of brewing from him when I interned at Dogfish Head. Anyway, I made a visit to Delaware over the summer and I happened to try his Strawberry Cream Ale. This is the only beer that I've had that actually tastes like fruit.
This beer is part of Joe's "Farm Fresh" series of brews. He makes a trip to the farmers market and purchases whatever fruit is fresh and local. He then incorporates it into a brew of his choice. I REALLY like this idea and I hope he continues the series outside of the home brew setting.
Here is my take on Joe's beer, but made just for Joel:

"JOE-JOEL'S 'Dank' Strawberry Cream Ale"
~American Two-Row Barley~
~Flaked Maize~
~Flaked Oats~
*German Ale Yeast*

I plan on making this beer on Sunday, so stay tuned!

Beers,
Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment